Us

Us

Hallie {7 years old}

Hallie {7 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Lillie {6 months}

Lillie {6 months}
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First day of school

Hallie got to go to an hour of Kindergarten last Monday to meet her teacher and her classmates. She was so excited and nervous that she could hardly eat her breakfast. I told her I could make her anything she wanted for breakfast but all she wanted was eggs. She had about 2 bites.

There are 3 kids in her class that she knows from the ward. Halle Crockett and Moroni and Mahonri Davis (twins) and she loves that they are in her class. I keep telling her to make new friends but I'm sure she will later on. She sits on a table with Halle and a cute girl named Brenna (those are Hallie's words not mine)




I didn't cry when I dropped her off for that one hour, but I thought for sure I would when the bus came to pick her up. I didn't even tear up! What's wrong with me?

Hallie with the neighborhood waiting for the bus. She was so ready to go and it made it a lot easier on me knowing that her friends in the ward are on the bus with her. I did follow the bus just to make sure she went into the right classroom. Sure enough, she made it and blew me a kiss when she saw me.
I still can't believe that my baby girl is in Kindergarten. I remember everything about my first day at Kindergarten and how I felt like such a big kid. Now, it's Hallie's turn. And I know she will remember this day too and remember how she felt. I love her so much and I'm so proud of her.



I signed Cole up for Karate lessons. He was on cloud 9 the whole time. He got a uniform, he learned how to punch through the ring of fire, he got to practice his kicking and eventually he broke a board with his bare hand. His teacher Jade taught him 3 rules:
1. obey mom and dad
2. keep your room clean
3. No fighting unless it's in Karate class

If he didn't follow the rules he would have to sit out one class and watch all the other students participate. You can guess how Cole has been acting all week... perfect!





7 comments:

Leslie said...

ohh getting soo big. it makes me tear up thinking hallie is off to school. karate will be a good thing for cole, he can be a great super hero now. haha. love ya

Josh and Tori Furlong said...

I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up!! Cole looks so cute in his karate outfit and Hallie looks so grown up!

Ross and Aubrey said...

First of all, I will pay whatever price for the karate class just so Brenna will learn those 3 rules and behave! :) and I just can't believe our little Hal is all grown up!

The Arbuckle's said...

Your kids are getting too big. I still can't believe hal is in kindergarten and Cole is in Karate? Noah is jealous. Smart on the teachers part of making some awesome rules to live by, I wish all teachers would teach that, then we would have obedient kids.

Miss you guys so much. Love you!

Ben and Lorena said...

oh my gosh!! Hallie is of to kindergarten! how crazy is that!!! I can;t believe how fast they grow! Ben thought the picture with the kids waiting for the bus and Cole in his pjs was hilarious! Love the 3 rules for karate!

Love u guys!

Bruce and Mitzi said...

Okay, little Cole in that karate uniform is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! How fun!

I can't believe that Hallie is already going to kindergarten...time goes too fast!

Nikki said...

Wait, Moroni and Mohonri? Twins, really? Don't feel bad you didn't cry, I love that you followed the bus though, I sure didn't do that. Charlie was taking karate there too. he loved it but I just did the 6 week summer special and didn't want to pay for it anymore, plus a friend of ours is starting his own thing so we're going to do that instead. Anyway, fun to see the updates!!