Us

Us

Hallie {7 years old}

Hallie {7 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Lillie {6 months}

Lillie {6 months}
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 16, 2011

6

Our Hallie turned six on Sept. 10th
The day before her big day, Brett would pretend that he didnt know she was having birthday the next day or he couldn't remember what day her birthday was. She finally turned to me with tears in her eyes and asked "dad's joking right?"
Of course he is. I let her know that I will never forget her birthday and then I told her about the day she was born.
I told her that we went to the hospital on a Saturday morning at 11am. We watched the BYU game, and at 4:59pm she was born, and then we watched the Utah game. She had great timing... She still does.
I told her about all the hair she had and that she weighed 7lbs and Brett told her about the hours that he spent in the hospital walking her up and down the halls because she wouldn't stop crying. And we told her about all of the friends and family that came to the hospital to meet her. Of course she wanted all of their names, and I named every single person.
I remember every single moment of that day and it's something that will always play out in my mind. She changed our lives forever. It's something that a mother never forgets and I never will.
She keeps me happy, frustrated, on my toes, and complete everyday I'm with her.
Happy birthday baby girl... I can still call you that because I'm your mother. Always will be.
We love you!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

it was a special day that is for sure. glad she had a special day. love ya.

The Arbuckle's said...

I remember that day too. I was anxiously awaiting her arrival and a picture of the cute round face little girl. She had more clothes than I did and she was so funny too.

We love you Hallie Bre.

Ross and Aubrey said...

Love, love, love her!!!

Happy Birthday Hal. Love you.

Brianne said...

I hope you remembered us :) We have loved Hallie to pieces since that day she was born!!!

Unknown said...

Loved seeing cute little Hal in the hospital... She is one heck of a girl... just ask Drew!! He loves her!!