Us

Us

Hallie {7 years old}

Hallie {7 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Lillie {6 months}

Lillie {6 months}
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hallie

Early October, I received a phone call from Morgan Elementary saying that Hallie has hurt her elbow at recess and she needs to be seen ASAP. I thought for sure she fell off the monkey bars because she loves playing on them at recess.
I asked her how this happened and she simply replied that she tripped over a boy and landed on him. It didn't make sense and it still doesn't.
As I walked in the office, I see Hallie and immediately she starts to cry. The office ladies(and even her teacher) said how brave she was and she never cried until she saw me. I took her to InstaCare and they took an X-ray and told us that she had fractured her elbow in two places. Poor girl. I know it was so painful for her but she was so brave. They sent her home with a sling.
About a week later, I took her up to Primary Childrens and the doctor there told us that he didn't see anything on the x-ray but there was still a lot of bruising which worried him. So they put a cast on her for three weeks. She was thrilled! She picked out pink as her color and immediately started telling me of all her friends in class that are going to sign her cast.
Luckily, after the three weeks were up, the cast came off and everything looked great with her elbow. Her elbow is perfectly fine.

No comments: