Us

Us

Hallie {7 years old}

Hallie {7 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Lillie {6 months}

Lillie {6 months}
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Dear Dad,
Cole asked about you the other day. He asked when will he see you again? And Hallie in her 5 going on 13 year old voice answered and said, "when you die and you get to go to Heaven and see Jesus" and Cole simply replied "Oh".
You're everywhere. In the stories we tell, the pictures we see, the balloons that the kids hold in their hands to send up to you and in the chocolate donuts that great Gma Rosser buys just for them from the Apple store.
I'm thankful that life goes on after heartbreaking trials. I'm thankful that my children KNOW that one day they will see their Papa again. It amazes me that it's been 2 years ago today that you passed away but the kids still talk about you like they just saw you yesterday. They love hearing stories about you and I love telling them stories about you. You are deeply missed but not forgotten. Love ya, Annie.

5 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

Such a sweet post. I can't talk about dad without crying. It is still so hard at times.

Ross and Aubrey said...

Great post. I can't believe it's been 2 years.

I wish B remembered him as well as your kids...

Nielsen Family said...

I am with Aubs...I wish that my kids KNEW my Dad. Such a sweet, sweet post. You are so great with words. Looked like a great day to remember him.

Leslie said...

that is so cute to ask about papa. they have such a great understanding and keep us all remembering papa. it has gone by fast it seems like it was just yesterday. just keep the stories and memories going and they will always remember him

Bruce and Mitzi said...

Annie, that is so sweet. Reading it just made me cry. I hope that you and your cute family are doing well!