Us

Us

Hallie {7 years old}

Hallie {7 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Lillie {6 months}

Lillie {6 months}
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Update...

   I just wanted to update the blog with what's been going on with the kids. 
Our life is very busy with school, which the kids love, and play dates, which the kids love, and hanging out in the house, which no one loves. Luckily, this winter has been very good to us and we have tried to get out of the house a lot more lately, if I am not working. Where do we go, you ask? 
Anywhere! We love meeting family and friends at Chik-fil-a or McDonalds or go on a target run or go to the mall and play at the playland and grab a pretzel or two. 

Hallie loves Kindergarten. She was born to go to school. She wakes up happy and easy in the morning but when it's time to do her hair she throws a fit! It doesn't make sense. 
Her teacher says she is very helpful with the other kids in her class and helps them finish assignments so they can go to recess. She has a lot of friends in her class that she has made, but her favorite one is a cute boy named Bridger and she talks about him all. the. time. Her first crush! 
She was really excited about finally going to the library and checking out her first book on Wednesday and came home and wanted me to read it to her and Cole right away. It was Arthur and the puppy treats.(Hal and Cole loved watching Arthur on PBS). Her favorite things about school are PE, the library and recess.



Cole is in preschool two days a week (Tues & Thurs) and goes the same time Hallie is in Kindergarten. It's good for him to get out of the house and out of mom's reach and branch out. I'm not sure how he interacts with the kids in his class but he comes home and talks about his best friends Jackson and Malachi but tells me how they are always getting into trouble for hitting and being mean. Hmm, I am just hoping they are pretending to be Star Wars characters and accidentally hitting each other with their light sabers. I haven't heard from his teacher yet, so I'm taking that as a good sign. 
He is really starting to talk a lot better and recognizing his letters. He still has problems saying his "L's" but we practice a lot.
Lately, Cole has liked his hair combed to the side inside of a spike. One morning I was getting him ready to go to school, and he told me he wanted his hair combed to the side, later on I realized it was picture day! I forgot to even look at what he was wearing! The next week he brought me his picture and when I opened it I had to laugh... look at that pose!
Seriously, the lady had him pose like that? It makes me giggle every time I look at it... what a face!



I think these kids are pretty fantastic! They are at a stage right now where they can help out, do chores and pretty much take care of themselves. With this pregnancy, I have been more sick and had battled with vertigo, and these two cuties let me take naps and let me be lazy and let me take them to school in my jammies:)

4 comments:

Ross and Aubrey said...

That photo of Coley cracks me up!! And Hal looks exactly like you...oh man, love those kids!

Leslie said...

ohh, cute pics. they will be big helpers with the babe. can't wait to see what it will be. love to you all :)

Lacey Voris said...

Love the pictures! So glad they love school ;)

The Arbuckle's said...

You have the cutest kids. Hal is looking so big and I LOVE cole's school picture. SO CUTE!