Us

Us

Hallie {7 years old}

Hallie {7 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Cole {5 years old}

Lillie {6 months}

Lillie {6 months}
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cancun

 We have been back from Cancun for over a month and I finally found the USB cable for this camera!
Brett and I got to travel down to Cancun with his company for Presidents club. I was a little hesitant being almost seven months pregnant, but it was a nice, relaxing getaway for the both of us.


We went three days earlier with some friends of ours to a little island called Isla Mujeres. Isla Mujeres is only 5 miles long and half a mile wide at its widest point. It is about a 15 minute ferry ride from downtown Cancun and it took us about an hour to drive our golf cart around the whole island. It was beautiful. It wasn't exotic or tropical in most places, but it was the Mexico Brett and I like to visit. The smells, the food, the people... we are in love with Mexico.
These pictures below are before our tans:)

One day we stayed at the North Beach all day long and finally got some sun. Brett, Paul and Kristi (our friends) received 30 minute massages right on the beach. I, on the other hand, could not participate but I would much rather be under the sun than under a tent. This beach was amazing with the softest sand I have ever felt. I won't go on about the food because everyone who reads this blog knows how much of a foodie I am when it comes to Mexico. I do miss their Coke in a glass bottle though...





We met up with CompHealth three days later at a resort an hour out of Cancun. This resort had two sides to it, the adult side and the family side. I was very thankful for the family side because a) it was quiet with a lot of chairs by the pool, b) no one was drunk and c) the waiters didn't look at you funny when you asked for a non alcoholic pina colada!
Brett had a lot of adventures planned in his mind of what he was going to do while he was down there. He wanted to go snorkeling and possibly scuba diving, zip line and hiking. I told him he had permission to do what he wanted given the fact that I cannot do anything therefore I was going to sit poolside all day. Poor guy didn't do anything on his list. Most of the time we sat by the pool with all of our friends and sipped virgin smoothies like they were going out of style.
We did venture out and go to another resort Playa del Carmen and shop and ate a yummy lunch.









 Another day we went to visit the Tulum ruins. I am glad we went. We were debating whether or not to go and if it was even worth it, but it was. It was beautiful! The whole place was quiet and peaceful and we were amazed at how clean and up to date everything was. We heard that the beach at Tulum was great so we had to take a look and see for ourselves. We stayed about an hour there and I even got in the ocean, which I never do, because the water was so warm and blue. It was an exhausting day for me, due to the walking and also it was the first day my ankles started swelling, but I'm glad we made it.

Goodbye Mexico, until the next time I come visit, you will be missed... especially the Coke!





4 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

That vacation looks wonderful. Call me next time you want to go, I'll be right there sipping coke with you.

Ross and Aubrey said...

So nice! Glad you enjoyed yourself

Unknown said...

So fun Annie I am so jealous!!

Leslie said...

looks like a fun time. and the kids didn't miss you at all. hahaha. just kidding. glad you had a good time, now you will be dealing with baby #3 sooooon. : )